Are you trapped in your office for a great part of your day and spend more hours a week in the office chair than anywhere else? No matter where you work, whether in the office or at home, make sure your chair adjusts properly. Your office chair can have a greater impact on your body than any gym exercise and therapy. However, sitting for a long time can take its toll on the body. It can lead to impaired blood circulation, to sore and weakened muscles. Do not ruin your health using any kind of chair while working, as there are many office chairs cheap and with good features. Let’s look at the essential office chair characteristics.
- An office chair should have enough space for the hips and thighs. It should be also sufficiently cushioned to prevent muscles from becoming sore.
- It is essential to have a firm, contoured back, designed to provide support to the lower, middle and upper back. This is of great importance because back pain is the enemy number one to office workers who sit too long at their desks.
- The backrest of the office chair should be adjustable in height which will allow you to lean back and rest your neck comfortably when you need to. Not having enough support to the upper back and the neck often leads to muscle soreness and migraine.
- Adjustable armrests which are cushioned and contoured to the shape of the arm are also a must. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a problem that most office workers experience, as repetitive stress on the arms tends to make the muscles of the arm contract.
- Stability is also of great importance when it comes to a good office chair, thus, the chair has to have a five pronged base with the soft casters for hard surface and hard casters for soft surface casters. Chairs with four prongs are more likely to tip sideways or backwards when you lean in any direction, thus, are less stable.
- Seat material. The material on the office chair should have enough padding to be comfortable to sit for extended periods of time. Having a cloth fabric that breathes is preferable to a harder surface.
It is crucial that office chairs have these features, not only for the sake of comfort, but also for the sake of the workers’ health and well-being. If money is your main concern, then get the chair you need at office chairs cheap sale sites which offer quality products at reduced prices. A good office chair does not necessarily need to be expensive. You can shop office chairs cheap at many Australian sites with prices starting at 50 dollars.